We are pleased to congratulate and recognize the winners of the 2017 Economic Poster Contest.
- Logan B., Zionsville West Middle School, Teacher: Stacey Behrens
- Aaliyah E., Canterbury School, Teacher: Maureen O'Neil
- Paige M., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
- Sana G., Canterbury School, Teacher: Maureen O'Neil
- Sarah H., Sycamore School, Teacher: Deborah Reidy
- Shriya P., Wea Ridge Middle School, Teacher: Michelle Sanson
- Ansley H., Thompkins Middle School, Teacher: Rebekah Hodge
- Kelcee K., Wea Ridge Middle School, Teacher: Michelle Sanson
- Bethany T., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
- Mithell S., Warren Central High School, Teacher: Bill Bush
- Danielle S., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
Go to http://www.econed-in.org/calwinners.asp to view this year's winning posters.
More What's New!
Don’t miss your chance to register for CEE’s 56th Annual Financial Literacy & Economic Education Conference, taking place October 6-7 in Brooklyn, NY. Educators from across the nation attend the conference every year and take advantage of cutting-edge programming regarding the latest curriculum development, instructional materials, teaching strategies, new programs and best practices. The conference also offers a unique opportunity to meet with fellow educators face-to-face during networking sessions and roundtable discussions on shared issues.
The Purdue Center for Economic Education Mini-Grants are now available for 2017/18! Mini-grants are competitive and open to all accredited public and private K-12 schools in Northwest Indiana, including Howard and Marion counties. A maximum of $800 per school will be awarded. Multiple schools from the same corporation may apply. Up to three grants will be awarded. The deadline for applications to be received by the Purdue Center for Economic Education is October 11, 2017.
If you missed Econ Camp North, you still have time to register for Econ Camp South!
Listen to feedback from teachers who just participated in Econ Camp North!
"This experience has reignited my interest in teaching economics and given me some additional insights in to how to hit the ground running in a new or revamped class. I feel much more confident in my level of understanding economic concepts."
"Econ Camp provided me with a multitude of teaching suggestions, lesson plans, and resources that will greatly enhance my classroom. Thank for you for the opportunity to meet with other educators who share a passion for economic education!"
Econ Camp South will be held at Santa's Lodge in Santa Claus, IN on September 26 and 27, 2017. High school teachers of economics come together to network and interact with their peers, get up-to-date economic education training, and share best practices with each other. Thanks to the generous sponsors the ICEE has been able to offer this opportunity at no cost to the teachers!
Econ Camp South for details about Santa Claus location.
And, register now!