Is the Indiana Personal Finance Challenge?
2nd through 10th Place (the teams that finish in 2nd through 10th place by score in each division) win $5 Subway gift cards.
The national finals will be held on May 11, 2018 in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Registration Fees: No Registration Fee!
How Does It Work?
2. After creating and registering your teams, download unique access codes for your students. Distribute an access code to each student when (s)he is ready to begin the competition.
3. The state competition runs from April 2 to April 16, 2018. Team members may login and compete on any one of the competition days, excluding Saturday, April 7; Sunday, April 8; Saturday April 14; and Sunday April 15. The testing portal will be open from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm eastern time M-F for that two-week period. **NEW THIS YEAR** Testing days and times during the online competition window are left to the discretion of the teacher/coach but must be between the hours and on one of the days listed above. Members of a team do not have to compete on the same day! A member of each team may compete on any day or at any time (within the parameters listed above).
4. Once the Indiana Personal Finance Challenge begins, students enter the competition web site at http://financechallenge.unl.edu and complete a 30-question, rapid-fire exam on topics including income and money management, spending, credit, saving, and investing. Students should be prepared for some economics to be covered as well. Each student has 35 minutes to complete the exam. While this is a team competition, each student must complete his or her exam individually. Students must not work as a group. In addition, students may not utilize any outside materials or testing aids during the competition (no books, calculators, etc.) A pencil and piece of scratch paper are permitted. Students are not to receive any help or guidance from their teacher/coach or any other person(s). Teachers/coaches will be asked to sign and submit a form certifying that their team(s) will comply with competition rules.
5. Scoring: The sum of the top 3 individual scores on each team make up the team score. **NEW THIS YEAR** Scoring on individual tests is as follows: +10 for each correct answer, 0 points for each unanswered question. The -5 points for incorrect answers has been eliminated. Scores will be available after the competition window has closed.
6. The winning Indiana Personal Finance Challenge teams in both divisions will be notified on April 17, 2018.
7. The teacher/coach of the state champion high school team may reconstitute his or her team prior to the national championship. However, all team members must continue to meet eligibility requirements, and there will be a deadline for reconstituting a team.