Is the Indiana Personal Finance Challenge?
2nd through 10th Place (the teams that finish in 2nd through 10th place by score) $5 Subway gift card for each team member and teacher/coach.
Students will have a chance to win other prizes at the National competition!
2017 Registration Dates
How Does It Work?
2. After creating and registering your teams, download unique access codes for your students. Distribute an access code to each student when (s)he is ready to begin the competition.
3. The state competition runs from Monday, March 27 to Friday, April 7, 2017. Teams may login and compete on any one of these days, excluding Saturday, April 1, and Sunday, April 2. The testing portal will be open from 6:00am to 6:00pm eastern time M-F for that two-week period. While the testing day during the online competition is left to the discretion of the teacher/coach, all team members must complete the online exam within 3 hours and between the hours and on one of the days listed above. For example, if one team member begins testing at 3:00 pm on Friday, March 18, all team members must have their exams completed by 6:00pm that same day. Multiple teams from the same school do not have to compete on the same day.
4. Once the Indiana Personal Finance Challenge begins, students enter the competition web site at http://financechallenge.unl.edu and complete a 30-question, rapid-fire exam on topics including income and money management, spending, credit, saving, and investing. Students should be prepared for some economics to be covered as well. Each student has 35 minutes to complete the exam. While this is a team competition, each student must complete his or her exam individually. Students must not work as a group. In addition, students may not utilize any outside materials or testing aids during the competition (no books, calculators, etc.) A pencil and piece of scratch paper are permitted. Students are not to receive any help or guidance from their teacher/coach or any other person(s). Teachers/coaches will be asked to sign and submit a form certifying that their team(s) will comply with competition rules.
5. Scoring: The sum of the top 3 individual scores on each team make up the team score. Scoring on individual tests is as follows: +10 for each correct answer, -5 for each incorrect answer, 0 points for each unanswered question. Scores will be available after the competition window has closed.
6. The winning Indiana Personal Finance Challenge team will be notified.
7. A teacher coach may reconstitute his or her team prior to the national championship. However, all team members must continue to meet eligibility requirements, and there will be a deadline for reconstituting a team.