Justine Skillman from Hasten Hebrew Academy was selected as the Elementary School Level recipient of the John Morton Excellence in the Teaching of Economics Award by the Council for Economic Education, New York. Justine was also selected as State Elementary Olin Davis winner by ICEE in 2017. Justine was recognized for her integration of economics at the elementary school grade levels.
Click on: https://youtu.be/B3QXhNwfVyk to hear from Justine.
Congratulations, Justine, on this well deserved recognition!
The $mart Indiana Stock Market Program allows your students to have the most updated, realistic trading experience.
We are excited to once again offer the Official Indiana Stock Market Program FREE of charge to any 4th-12th grade class. The Smart Indiana Stock Market Program is an exciting and engaging way of introducing investing and personal finance concepts to students. New lessons are available for students of all ages.
Register now at smartindiana.com to sign your class up for one of the available simulations listed on the website. If these dates won’t work for your class, contact us about customizing a simulation that fits your classroom needs.
More Information on the Smart Indiana Stock Market Program
Register for Smart Indiana Stock Market Program
We are pleased to congratulate and recognize the winners of the 2018 Economic Poster Contest.
- Sadie L., Canterbury School, Teacher: Maureen O'Neil
- Adalin G., Brown County Intermediate School, Teacher: Allison Crenshaw
- Jacob S., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
- Lily F., Canterbury School, Teacher: Maureen O'Neil
- Becca D., Honey Creek Middle School, Teacher: Mrs. Cox
- Colleen S., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
- Avery M., Honey Creek Middle School, Teacher: Mrs. Cox
- Austin R., St. Joseph Grade School, Teacher: Rebecca Mammon
- Michael M., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
- Zoee R., Thompkins Middle School, Teacher: Rebekah Hodge
- Briley I., Honey Creek Middle School, Teacher: Mrs. Cox
- Julia G., Clinton Prairie Jr/Sr High School, Teacher: Paul Woodling
- Melanie B., Thompkins Middle School, Teacher: Rebekah Hodge
- Olivia B., Wea Ridge Middle School, Teacher: Michelle Sanson
- Israel T., Wea Ridge Middle School, Teacher: Michelle Sanson
Go to http://www.econed-in.org/calwinners.asp to view this year's winning posters.
More What's New!
The Council for Economic Education is offering free professional development webinars for K-12 teachers. The webinars cover multiple economics and personal finance topics and demonstrate how to integrate into the classroom creating a fun, hands-on learning experience for students.
Relevant lessons, resources and tools will be provided to those participating in the webinars. Even if you cannot attend the live webinar, you may register to get access to the archived version to watch at your convenience.
Check the schedule and register today! See http://www.councilforeconed.org/webinars.
Mark your calendars now and save the date for next year's (2019) Smart Indiana Economic Education & Financial Literacy Conference to be held on June 18 & 19, 2019 at the NEW Embassy Suites Noblesville Indianapolis Conference Center.
More details will be available soon so keep checking the website at www.econed-in.org/smartinconf!