2019 Smart Indiana Economic Education and Financial Literacy Conference
Learn about activities, lessons, and programs for K-12 classrooms
AUDIENCE: Teachers in grades K-12
DATE: June 18 - 19, 2019
10 AM - 4 PM, June 18, Conference Sessions
4 PM - 7 PM, June 18 - Teacher appreciation event at Top Golf - included in registration!
7:45 AM - 3:30 PM, June 19
LOCATION:Embassy Suites Noblesville Indianapolis Conference Center
REGISTRATION FEE: Teacher Cost (subsidized - Actual Value $200)
Teachers at Indiana schools - $85 for both days or $75 for one day
Out of state - $150 for both days or $125 for one day
Registration Now Open! Click HERE to Register Now!
Just Some of the 2019 Sessions that You'll See!
- Teaching Economics to Gen Z Students: What Works and What to Revise
- Economics of Manufacturing
- Exploring Economic Concepts with Video Series for Elementary Students
- Captain Cash: An Elementary Grade Level Personal Finance Curriculum
- Hands-on Trading Activities for your Secondary Classroom
- Exploring Careers and Jobs with a Classroom Mini-Economy
- GDP: Does It Measure Up?
- Become a Monetary Expert! Using Classroom Simulations to Learn about the Federal Reserve System
- Story, Picture, Math: Building Connections in Economic Education
- Why are Prescription Drugs so Expensive and What Could be Done About It?
- Think Middle School Social Studies is Just Geography and World History, Think Again!
- Next Gen Personal Finance
- Connect with Parents in Family Fun Financial Night!
The Smart Indiana Economic Education and Financial Literacy Conference will feature a diverse selection of professional development workshops on economic and financial education topics suitable for elementary, middle and high school levels. Attendees of the conference will learn about effective teaching methods, best practices, curriculum integration strategies, and instructional resources. In addition to the workshops, outstanding speakers address current economic and financial topics to enable educators to bring these perspectives back to their classrooms.
It does not matter if you have never had a class in economics or personal finance OR you teach AP or dual credit courses, there is a session for you! PLUS! All attendees will receive copies of ready to implement classroom lessons at EVERY Session.
The 2019 Smart Indiana Conference is a must attend for teachers in all grade levels (K-12)! We promise a great experience and opportunities to discover activities that you can use in your classroom.
Featured Conference Sessions:
Conference sessions and workshops provide engaging lessons where you will learn about effective teaching methods, best practices, curriculum integration strategies, and instructional resources.
- Effective and ways to teach fundamental personal finance and economic concepts
- Connections across the curriculum including language arts and math lessons
- Learn how to bring economics and personal finance alive through children’s literature
- How to use technology to bridge concepts across economic curriculum
What You Get:
- Free lessons, activities, and materials for your classroom
- Professional Growth Points
- Topics aligned with your instructional needs!
KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND WORKSHOP LEADERS
Award Winning Teachers
Learn first hand from these amazing teaches about best practices and how they make economics, personal finance and entrepreneurship come alive in their classrooms!
$mart Indiana is a project of the Indiana Council for Economic Education presented in partnership with the Office of the Indiana Secretary of State.
Indiana Farm Bureau and Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Farm Bureau Foundation
"The overwhelming amount of resources and lessons and materials we were provided are amazing. They have reinvigorated my perspective on teaching economics and I am excited to start planning for the upcoming year."
"The number of sessions allowed the exposure to many good topics to take back to our students!”
“A lot of valuable information to use in classroom. I fee much more comfortable teaching Econ and Personal Finance.”
“The amount of resources I am leaving with is fantastic!”