2017 $mart Indiana Economic Education and Financial Literacy Conference
Date: June 28th-29th, 2017
Location: Dallara Indycar Factory (June 28) & Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing (June 29)
June 28th (11:30 am to 5:30 pm)
followed by informal reception!
June 28th (8:00 am to 3:00 pm)
Registration fee: $55 for both days, $45 for June 29th only
Register Online Now!
(deadline June 15)
June 28th Sessions (11:30 am to 5:30 pm)
The Economics of Manufacturing
In these sessions, you'll explore connections and grade level appropriate lessons connecting economics and manufacturing in Indiana.
- Indiana's Manufacturing Economy: Lessons for the Classroom
- The Entrepreneurs in Indiana's Manufacturing History
- Productivity and Specialization in Manufacturing
- What is the role of state and local government?
- Dallara Indycar Factory tour
June 29th Sessions (8:00 am to 3:00 pm)
Select sessions include...
Elementary Grade Levels (K-5)
- Integrating Economics & Personal Finance in English/Language Arts
- Playdough Economics!
- The Classroom Mini-Economy
- Chocolate Economics
- Pint-size Economics and Personal Finance Printables featuring Math Connections
Secondary Grade Levels (6-12)
- Geography and Economics Connections: Trade and Standard of Living Around the World
- How Economics Shaped the History of the World - 6th and 7th Grade Social Studies Activities
- Economics Book Club: Chapter books that Bring Decision Making Alive!
- Keys to Financial Success
- Giving the Economy a Check Up - What's All This Data Mean Anyway?
- Teaching Out-of-the-Box: Economic Experiments for Your Classroom
- Integrating Pop Culture Into Your Economics Teaching
- Teaching About Labor Markets
- Classroom Business Enterprise (CBE): Real Money and Entrepreneurship in an Experiential Learning Program
- Economics of Land Management and Sustainability - from Yellowstone to the Indiana Dunes
- Picture Your Investing Decisions: Using Infographics and Other Illustration Activities in the Classroom
$mart Indiana is a project of the Indiana Council for Economic Education presented in partnership with the Office of the Indiana Secretary of State.
Indiana Farm Bureau and Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
"The number of sessions allowed the exposure to many good topics to take back to our students!”
“A lot of valuable information to use in classroom. I fee much more comfortable teaching Econ and Personal Finance.”
“The amount of resources I am leaving with is fantastic!”